Stop Smoking

Stop Smoking:

For years my wife has been telling me to stop smoking. She herself smoked almost as much as I did and was often expressing her wish to quit smoking. I had the feeling that she wanted me to quit smoking so that it would be easier for her to stop smoking. She had been smoking for about 20 years and i had been smoking for about 13 years. Probably the thing was that when you are living together and either smoke, both should stop smoking together otherwise one will keep reminding the other.

Last month my wife had to go abroad for two weeks, during this business trip she stayed at a pension where smoking was not permitted on the premises. This resulted in a severe decrease in nicotine intake for her. During our phone calls she complained about not being able to smoke freely when and wherever she pleased. However, she seemed to be able to cope with the situation. I started thinking that if she was cutting down on smoking there would be a chance of completely stopping smoking as well. So the idea to stop smoking began to feel more realistic than ever before.

Upon her return she smoked a fag at the airport which made her dizzy and far from satisfied. I was there when she did, so I started to feel that the opportunity to quit smoking together was gaining momentum. Event on the way back home we started talking about it. For smokers this is always a difficult topic to talk about because so many alarm bells go off inside the unconscious part of the mind. Our subconscious is afraid of loosing the adrenaline rushes as well as the affected hormonal and chemical spikes which occur in the body during and after smoking. However we managed to talk about this opportunity and the benefits it would have in the short and log run.


No comments:

Post a Comment