Stop Smoking Day One

Stop Smoking Day One:

My daily one-hour commute to work wasn’t too hard. I used to smoke about two cigarettes while driving but this time I felt highly motivated by my new resolution to quit. Continuously repeating to myself that “I can stop smoking,” helped me through the first few hours of the morning. At lunch time the need for nicotine grew and it made me feel nervous and restless. After eating lunch I made a phone call to my wife to report that I had decided to stop smoking (stopped smoking from the morning) and to tell her that she should go to the local drugstore to buy nicotine patches.

The thought of being able to get some nicotine through the patches after work helped me through the rest of the afternoon. When I was finished I raced home and quickly put a nicotine patch on my arm and within 30 minutes I started to calm down and feel less nervous. I was delighted to hear that my wife was also trying to stop smoking, because we had talked about it for very long but none of us had ever taken the first step until today. She doesn’t like to use artificial supplements nor chemical substances so she quit smoking by pure will power. I kept tha nicotine patch on until I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment